Introduction to the course
The Digital Biblio Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is a modern course, which enables learners to develop digital and transversal skills that are considered to be fundamental for Library professionals in the digital era.
This MOOC uses videos, presentations and reading material and enhances tutor-learner collaboration and peer learning through forums and chats. At the end of each unit, learners can self-assess their progress with the help of online quizzes.
The MOOC is part of the modular training programme targeting the competences included in the Community Engagement Communication Officer (CECO) and Digital Transformation Facilitator (DIGY) emerging job profiles. It will be followed by the Specialization Course and the work-based learning activities.
Structure of the course
The MOOC will start in September 2021. The duration of the MOOC is 8 weeks and the learners need to dedicate approximately 10 hours of self-study per week to complete it.
- The course is offered in English.
- It offers training on 26 modules.
- Digital training material will be available online and the learners will be able to join a community of peers by participating in open discussions and active interaction through a forum.
- Within the BIBLIO community platform, participants will be able to discuss on librarianship topics and relevant issues.
- The course is delivered free of charge.
Participants who successfully complete the MOOC will be awarded a certificate of completion.
Who is the course for?
- The MOOC will be made available to all interested Library professionals around the world
- BIBLIO consortium will give a priority to enroll at least 500 professionals from the BIBLIO European partner countries (Italy, Belgium, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Greece).
- Any working experience in the sector will be helpful but is not compulsory.
The MOOC addresses the following thematic categories:
- Information, data and media literacy
- Communication and collaboration
- Digital content creation
- Problem solving
- Ideas and opportunities
- Put into action
Each category includes 4 to 8 modules depending on the theme.
What will you achieve?
Learners who complete the MOOC will develop their skills on:
- Online and offline communication
- Communication and interaction with library users
- Creating digital content
- Exploring technological changes
- Upskilling in information, data, and media literacy
- Community assessment and facilitation.
Learners will be able to know more and build up their digital and soft skills as well as their transferable and digital competences, that are considered to be fundamental for library professionals in the digital era.
How can you earn the Certificate of the BIBLIO course?
Upon completion of the online course and succeeding in at least the 70% of lessons attended and of graded activities - online quizzes, learners will earn the Biblio Certificate of Completion.